Thursday 8 July 2010

Fields

I am pleased as punch to find myself living right next to fields of barley and wheat. Not just for the pleasing view of crops waving gently in the wind, the low swoop of the house martins and the occasional croak from an unseen pheasant, but because it means I can watch the crops turn slowly from green to gold. At this point I should confess to a professional interest in the ripening of crops. Most of my days are spent poring over aerial photographs looking for evidence of long buried archaeological remains, which sometimes show themselves as variations in the ripening crops. Click here to see some stunning crop marks .
So to celebrate the “crop mark season”, tomorrow’s Folksy Friday on this blog will have a crop and field theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails