Sunday 31 July 2011

Blue-Green





I was knocked out by the fabulous colours of these banded demoiselles when I saw them dancing across the River Wharfe this afternoon. I wish I had had the video camera with me so I could share the amazing fluttering flights of these damselfly, its enough to make you believe in fairies.  

Until I saw these I had quite liked the colour pairing in my latest bit of stitching, but now it seems so drab by comparison. Ho hum. Might put some thought into a damselfly print though ...

5 comments:

  1. Nature produces such vibrant colours which seam impossible to imitate!
    lovely stitch work you have far more patience than me! and yeh to a damselfly print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos and lovely stitchery.

    Turning the calendar over to August this morning the picture is two damselflies making a heart shape as they mate. Once again stunning colours.

    Shall keep an eye out for a damselfly print !!

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours on dragon flies too, very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos - love the idea of a damsel fly print, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing iridescent colours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails